The Sentinel gives nonprofits and different neighborhood organizations the chance to advertise upcoming occasions on the Neighborhood Calendar without cost for 3 days previous to the occasion. Occasions requiring reservations might be promoted as much as two weeks earlier than the reservation deadline.
Occasions that require buy from a for-profit firm, even when a donation is made to the group, aren’t calendar eligible.
Submit articles at the least one week upfront by way of electronic mail, [email protected]; dial (717) 248-6741; on-line, digital newsroom at www.lewistownsentinel.com; or by mail or drop off, The Sentinel, 352 Sixth St., PO Field 588 Lewistown, PA 17044. The writer reserves the best to edit all submissions.
You will need to embody a cellphone quantity for verification functions. The cellphone quantity isn’t meant for publication except in any other case acknowledged.
• Pennsylvania Faculty Retirees Affiliation Mifflin County Chapter luncheon assembly — midday, November 3 on the Birch Hill Occasion Heart, Burnham. This system would be the bazaar to help the PASR scholarship program. Please deliver and value one thing to promote. Menu” iceberg salad, garlic bread, marinara pasta with meatballs, pumpkin pie. The price is $14. Reserve, with the variety of individuals current, by emailing [email protected] or calling (717) 437-6024 earlier than midday on October 28. All college retirees are welcome.
• Free Sauerkraut Workshop — Tuesday, Nov. 1, 6:30-7:30 p.m. on the Physique and Soul Neighborhood Centre, Strodes Mills. Learn to make wholesome, fermented sauerkraut and take some residence. Deliver a 3 pound cabbage head, an excellent carving knife, a chopping board, and a big platter. To ebook, name Rose Massie at (717) 899-6044 or electronic mail [email protected] Sponsored by Neighborhood Partnerships and United Method of Mifflin-Juniata.
• Soup and Bake Sale — 11:30 am, Nov. 5, McVeytown Masonic Lodge, 25 N. Market St., McVeytown. Sizzling pot cooked ham and corn soup with beans and hen. $7 per litre. Pre-orders beneficial by calling Mick Abrashoff at (717) 363-3201 earlier than November 1.
• Do-it-yourself Turkey Dinner — 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 3, First United Methodist Church, 200 E. third St., Lewistown. Reserve your tickets by calling (717) 248-4618 between 9 a.m. and midday or (717) 513-3915. The price is $10. Youngsters 5 and below are free.
• Beef Vegetable Soup Sale – 11:00 am to six:00 pm, decide up November 4th. Reedsville Lutheran Church, Pearl and Logan St., Reedsville. $7 per litre. Pre-order earlier than November 4 at (717) 667-6312.
• Vacation Bazaar — November 11-12 on the Port Royal Lutheran Church, 402 Market St., Port Royal. Do-it-yourself frozen floor meat and caramel apple pies able to bake $12, floor meat pie filling solely $10, liter soup $6 (hen, corn, greens with beef and ham and beans) should be ordered earlier than November 4. Name the church workplace at (717) 527-4581, or dial (717) 968-3816 or (717) 527-4040.
• Surviving the Holidays Seminar — 6:30 pm Nov. 20 at Locust Grove Mennonite Church. The seminar is particularly for people who find themselves grieving the demise of a cherished one. Registration is required by November 13. Name the church workplace at (717) 935-2164.
Tuesday, October 25
• Espresso with buddies —
9 a.m. to midday at Lack-Tuscarora EMS, 9320 South Route 75, East Waterford.
• Dominos — 9:00 am, Yeagertown Senior Heart.
• Free Neighborhood Meal — 11:30 am to 1 pm at New Life Church, 101 N. Beech St., Burnham. Menu: home-cooked spaghetti, bread, fruit and dessert.
• Blood Drive — 12:30 p.m. to six p.m., Allensville Neighborhood Corridor.
• Break Bread Collectively Dinner — 5:30 p.m. at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 21 S. Foremost St. Lewistown. Take-out menu: fried hen dinner.
Wednesday October 26
• Bingo — 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Lewistown Senior Heart.
• Lewistown Publish Workplace Retired Luncheon — 11:00 am at Burnham OIP.
• Luncheon for the Chief Logan class of 1966 — 11 am at Vince’s in Burnham.
• Chief Logan Class of 1961 Luncheon — 11:30 a.m., Bel-Vue Inn, 47 53 Previous US Freeway, Reedsville. Welcome classmates and company.
• Blood drive — 12 p.m. to six p.m., Belleville neighborhood corridor.
• Mission Quilts — 1 p.m., Yeagertown Senior Heart. Stitching abilities not essential. Aids wanted.
• Break Bread Collectively Dinner — 5 p.m. at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 21 S. Foremost St., Lewistown. Take-out menu: fried hen dinner.
• Measure Candidates Evening — 7 p.m., Mifflin County Excessive Faculty.
• Republican Committee assembly — 7 pm, Birch Hill Occasions.
Thursday, October 27
• Normal Metal Soften Store Retiree Breakfast — 8:30 am at Vince’s Pizza in Burnham. (NOT HELD IN NOV-DEC)
• Kishacoquillas Class of 1966 Brunch — 10 am on the Honey Creek Inn, Reedsville.
• Microsoft Phrase Workshop — 10:00 a.m.-noon, Pennsylvania CareerLink Mifflin County MCIDC plaza constructing 58.
• Bingo — 1 p.m., Yeagertown Senior Heart.
• Resume Writing—1:00 p.m. to three:00 p.m., PA CareerLink Mifflin County MCIDC plaza, Constructing 58.
• Fright on the Furnace — 5 to eight p.m. at Greenwood Furnace State Park. Haunted path, methods or treats, pumpkin portray, costume contests and humanities and crafts.
• Juniata County Meals Pantry Board Assembly — 6:30 p.m. on the Pantry, 114 N. Foremost St., Mifflintown. The agenda will embody an outline of the pantry ministry to the hungry over the previous 12 months, recognition of volunteers and outgoing board members, and election of board members. The general public is invited to attend. Extra data or to RSVP: (717) 436-9718.
Upcoming conferences, together with requests for lacking classmates, are posted as a part of the calendar and must be despatched to [email protected] Transient reunion experiences and photographs of sophistication reunions with these recognized within the order wherein they seem are accepted for publication within the Saturday Dwelling part and must be despatched to [email protected]
#Calendar #Information #Sports activities #Jobs